US-Indiana-Able Kompanie's MW Escalation League Begins!

Discuss what makes a good league.
USChris

Re: US-Indiana-Able Kompanie's MW Escalation League Begins!

Post by USChris » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:01 pm

Here is the Report for Feb. 16th. The Battle for Village C continues with Eastistan retaking the Village again!
Feb 16 Report Escalation(1).jpg
Feb 16 Report Escalation(1).jpg (242.62 KiB) Viewed 859 times
IMG_3424.JPG
IMG_3424.JPG (90.12 KiB) Viewed 859 times
IMG_3425.JPG
IMG_3425.JPG (98.6 KiB) Viewed 859 times
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN

USChris

Post by USChris » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:31 pm

Here is the Latest News from the Front - All kinds of news!! Captured Villages, Cut off Territory and a Drive at the Gates of a Capital City! Read all about it below. Gaming continues this week at Family Time Games and Sinclair Games in Indy.
Feb 19 Report Escalation.jpg
Feb 19 Report Escalation.jpg (229.82 KiB) Viewed 858 times
IMG_3428.JPG
IMG_3428.JPG (144.69 KiB) Viewed 858 times
IMG_3427.JPG
IMG_3427.JPG (126.71 KiB) Viewed 858 times
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN

USChris

Post by USChris » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:34 pm

Here's the Report from Gaming on Tuesday Feb. 20 at Family Time Games:
Feb 21 Report Escalation.jpg
Feb 21 Report Escalation.jpg (232.82 KiB) Viewed 851 times
IMG_3436.JPG
IMG_3436.JPG (138.71 KiB) Viewed 851 times
IMG_3437.JPG
IMG_3437.JPG (139.15 KiB) Viewed 851 times
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN

USChris

Post by USChris » Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:24 pm

Here is the latest News from the Front for Gaming this past Thursday at Sinclair Games. Gaming continues on Sunday at both Stores. Come on out and Join us. Also note the March 31 Tournament announcement in that section of this Forum. This Tournament is open to anyone.
Feb 23 Report Escalation.jpg
Feb 23 Report Escalation.jpg (252.44 KiB) Viewed 834 times
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3448.JPG (111.96 KiB) Viewed 834 times
IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG (91.46 KiB) Viewed 834 times
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN

USChris

Post by USChris » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:49 pm

Here is the latest News from the Front. Westlandian Forces have been surrounded in Village C and several nearby hexes. These hexes will surrender at the end of the week if Westlandia cannot break through to them.
Feb 26 Report Escalation.jpg
Feb 26 Report Escalation.jpg (211.6 KiB) Viewed 833 times
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN

carlito

Post by carlito » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 am

Hi, Chris!
This is Carl from Houston!
I found and am following your League activity on Battle Rankings. I really like your activity and
I 'm hoping that you might be willing to send me the details so that I can start one here in our area. How do you operate the maps? Is that something that I can learn or is that a special program?
I will continue following the results of your league and wishing I could have participated!

Carl

USChris

Post by USChris » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:00 pm

carlito wrote:
Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:27 am
Hi, Chris!
This is Carl from Houston!
I found and am following your League activity on Battle Rankings. I really like your activity and
I 'm hoping that you might be willing to send me the details so that I can start one here in our area. How do you operate the maps? Is that something that I can learn or is that a special program?
I will continue following the results of your league and wishing I could have participated!

Carl
Hey Carl,
Yes, we are having a good bit of fun with this League. Feel free to copy any/all of the details in the Original Post. I think there are easier ways to handle the map than I am doing - it is actually an AutoCAD file I created and is tremendous overkill. I also have to go though several machinations to get it from the AutoCAD file to a .jpg file that is of a size I can post here. So if you are familiar with any graphics program, there is probably an easier way to deal with it. But I am very familiar with AutoCAD through my job so it works fine for me. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get a League going there.
Thanks for the post/question.
Chris
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN

USChris

Post by USChris » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:40 pm

Here is the latest News from the Front. Westlandia needs some strong counterattacks this week to rescue the Surrounded Hexes and Liberate both of the Villages captured by Eastistan. Gaming continues on Thursday at Sinclair Games and this weekend at both stores. Come on out and play!
Feb 28 Report Escalation.jpg
Feb 28 Report Escalation.jpg (245.33 KiB) Viewed 831 times
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN

USChris

Post by USChris » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:00 pm

Hello All,
Things have been busy for me the past couple of weeks so I have not been posting the News from the Front for our MW Escalation League. We are in our last week! 100pts and both Westlandia and Eastistan have pushed for the other's Capital City. Let's wrap this up with a big finish!
Gaming Tuesday Night at Family Time Games and Thursday Night at Sinclair Games.
Also watch for reports from our MW Escalation Tournament this Saturday March 31st at Family Time Games. We still have room for more players and welcome all to join us. Here are the details:

Here are the Point Levels for the Tournament:
Round 1 - 68pts.
Round 2 - 84pts.
Round 3 - 100pts.

Players will not be limited to running variations on a single list and can change types of Forces or even Nationalities from Round to Round. This is how we played in our Escalation League. However all three lists must be submitted electronically or on paper to me before the tournament begins. Players not submitting lists will be limited to variations on one list and will receive a penalty of 1 VP loss for the Event.

All Rounds will be 2 1/2 hours.

Red vs. Blue Matchups will be attempted but Final Round may include Blue vs. Blue if the point spread is too large.

TO: Chris Fretts

Players will use the More Missions PDF to choose Attack/Maneuver/Defend Choice but TO will announce what number will apply to actual Mission Choice for all tables instead of each table rolling a die. This is a trial and the hope is it will cut down on the number of Fair Fights and Repeat Missions.

All Current Books are legal. Armoured Fist has not been released so cannot be used.
March 26 Report Escalation.jpg
March 26 Report Escalation.jpg (240.51 KiB) Viewed 762 times
March 26 Report Escalation. jpg
Chris Fretts
Able Kompanie
Indianapolis, IN